My family absolutely loves popcorn. And recently we came up with a new fun and delicious way to enjoy it, Peanut Butter Rainbow Popcorn!
My kids are treat obsessed. So I often try to find ways to make our treats healthier with more nutrient rich ingredients.
And, since we are managing multiple family member food allergies, it’s always nice to find something that everyone can safely enjoy.
We popped our sprouted popcorn kernels in avocado oil and topped them with a mixture of peanut butter, honey, and vegan butter.
Finished with rainbow sprinkles, it was a relatively healthy treat that everyone enjoyed!
Peanut Butter Rainbow Popcorn is:
- Gluten free
- And so, so delicious!
Peanut Butter Rainbow Popcorn
- 2 TBS Avocado Oil Coconut oil would be good too
- 1/3 Cup Popcorn Kernels We used sprouted kernels
- 1/3 Cup Salted Peanut Butter Unsweetened
- 1-2 TBS Honey Depending on desired sweetness
- 1 TBS Vegan Butter Miyokos is our favorite brand
- 2 TBS Rainbow Sprinkles We love Watkins dye-free
- Heat avocado oil and pop kernels on the stove (or use plain already popped popcorn and omit this step)
- Melt peanut butter, honey, and butter in a saucepan over low heat (or microwave for about 30 seconds)
- Pour peanut butter mixture over popped corn and stir to combine well.
- Add rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!
More Rainbow Fun
Where to Buy Healthier Ingredients
In case you don’t know about Thrive Market, it’s a wonderful online grocery store chock full of healthy and allergy friendly foods, cleaning supplies, health and beauty, and more.
Their boxes are sturdy and great for recycled projects too!
Dye Free Sprinkles
There are so many options when it comes to sprinkles. And while I don’t think a few technicolor, artificial sprinkles from time to time will hurt, I try buy the dye-free variety.
These Watkins Rainbow Sprinkles have no artificial dyes, are really pretty, and taste delicious!
Speaking of rainbow sprinkles, my kids love the book Stir Crack Whisk Bake: A Little Book about Little Cakes! by America’s Test Kitchen and Maddie Frost.
It’s an interactive board book where you have to help bake cupcakes and top them with rainbow sprinkles. Both my toddler and preschool age kiddo love this book. It’s colorful, engaging, and features sprinkles!!
Give it a Try!
If you try Peanut Butter Rainbow Popcorn, we’d love to hear what you think. Happy snacking!