Fluffy, delicious, gluten free, and vegan pancakes are a rare unicorn. I’ve tried a lot of different recipes and eaten a lot of edible, but not incredible pancakes.
But the search is over!
These Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are absolutely delicious!
One day I was researching pancake recipes and found this promising Pancake Recipe from the Conscious Plant Kitchen.
I wasn’t sure how it would work with gluten free flour, but decided to try it with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour.
And… it totally worked. Light, fluffy, delicious pancakes with no egg, no gluten, no dairy, a rare unicorn indeed!
And so nice to create a recipe that works with all of my family’s food allergies.
I like fancy pancakes, so I’ve tweaked and perfected the original recipe adding chopped apples and cinnamon.
Cook them in Miyokos vegan butter and top them with maple syrup and coconut whipped cream, yum!
These delicious gluten free apple cinnamon pancakes are perfect for low key weekend mornings, Mother’s Day, Easter brunch, Father’s Day, the list goes on (sometimes we even eat them for dinner).
I make a big batch because my family plows through these, but you could easily halve this recipe.
If apples and cinnamon aren’t your favorite, this recipe also works really well with fresh blueberries.
Here’s my gluten free adaptation of the Conscious Plan Kitchen’s recipe with the brands that I know work.
Hope you enjoy!
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 2 cups Almond Milk I use Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour I haven't tried this recipe with other gluten free flour blends, so proceed at your own risk
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Apple Peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Butter to cook pancakes I use Miyokos vegan butter
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Make a vegan buttermilk by whisking the almond milk and lemon juice. Allow to set for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, avocado oil, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes while you heat the pan.
- Warm pan to medium heat. Melt some vegan butter into the pan and cook pancakes on one side until bubbles form on the top (a couple of minutes). Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- For truly indulgent pancakes, top with maple syrup, coconut whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
And a side note, I buy a lot of our baking ingredients from Thrive Market. They have great prices on things like the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free 1 to 1 Flour and a wide variety of other allergy friendly foods. Their cardboard shipping boxes are sturdy and great for recycled projects too!
Give it a Try!
If you try making these Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, we’d love to hear what you think. Happy brunching!